Visitor Operations Manager
I have recently been made redundant from my role as Senior Visitor Experience Officer, working for The National Trust. I gained a wide variety of skills in this role as I was based at a small property where I oversaw many different departments. This has equipped me with experience of sales techniques (both for membership and retail), people management skills (both of staff and volunteers), an awareness of health and safety through my role as duty manager, and a portfolio of creative work featuring house displays, interpretation and children's trails. In these uncertain times, I am looking for opportunities in any of the areas listed above, as well as writing, proofreading and research - of which I have previous experience.
within recreation and tourism
Casual Event Staff
Wheldrake, York, UK
- Recently graduated from the University of St Andrews (Behavioural Biology, 2:1)
- Situated a short distance from the Barbican (10 minute car/bus journey) and very flexible (available for part-time or full work at very short notice)
- Previous experience in retail (Fossil York, Paperchase York), call centre work (Rux Burton alumni University campaign), photography (semi-professional photographer for 4+ years with Lightbox St Andrews), intern at Silverback film productions
- Keen interest in music, co-host of a weekly radio show for 3+ years discussing recent music releases
- Punctual, self-motivated, positive and interested in seeing the behind the scenes work of a venue I have enjoyed so much growing up (seeing acts ranging from Jake Bugg to Kacey Musgraves!)
I am an enthusiastic and loyal individual with valuable experience working within the hospitality, customer services gamming and retail environments. I have excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with a confident and outgoing personality. I have the ability to interact with people at all levels. I am able to lead and train staff members with a positive “can do” attitude. I have the ability to multitask and work in a busy, fast paced and dynamic environment. I can take initiative and deliver a practical approach to problem solving. I am passionate about customer service and the food and drinks industry. I am now in a position where I am ready to further progress my career in hospitality and to take on more responsibility and accountability. I am willing and determined to learn any new skills that can make me a worthy member of the team. I will meet any new challenges given me with energy and commitment. I am ambitious, hardworking and I wish to be given the opportunity to show my full potential
Events and Communications Officer
I have built my career so far across a range of project management and administration as well as internal communications experience in the educational, transport, not for profit and public sectors. Most recently, I have been working in training and events for higher education teaching providers. I am currently looking for permanent opportunities where I can build on my existing organisational, planning and project management skills. I am especially interested in opportunities in the marketing, communications and heritage sectors.