A highly capable, positive, patient and energetic leader with an exceptional eye for detail, with a passion for ensuring high quality customer experiences through mixed sales channels, including digitally.
I am quick to accept added responsibility and thrive in a challenging and rewarding role. Experienced in running all areas of a busy and complex office environment, managing sales and administrative teams to reach targets whilst working within tight timescales and budgets. My sales experience across industries, my business centric mindset and my experience of companies both large and small, has helped me to operate and grow businesses YOY, providing me with comprehensive experience of HR, accounting, marketing, long term strategic planning and execution, as well as front end sales. I feel that the skills I have acquired are extremely transferable, and I am always keen to learn new things in all areas of business.
Currently seeking a new challenge and open to all new opportunities.
Aug 2015 - Nov 2018
Fenton Simpson Financial Services Ltd
Tasked with running and growing one of Yorkshire’s largest directly authorised financial service companies. In the last 3 years, I have managed and grown the team from 12 staff members to a team of 25, I have grown our annual mortgage lending from £66m to over £150m, increased ancillary insurance penetration from 5% to 30% and achieved my goal of increasing the turnover of the company from £380k to in excess of £1m, whilst maintaining a healthy margin. This was achieved by focusing on bringing innovation and structure to the business so that it is able to take advantage of and be at the forefront of a fast-changing industry whilst maximizing all sales opportunities.
- New business generation through redesign, rollout, testing and measuring of the digital journey
- Through daily use of Google Analytics and AdWords
- Core understanding of clients needs and wants
- Development of effective sales funnels that ensures conversion and brand loyalty
- Creating and implementing business strategy. Including restructure of the business to maximize cross sale opportunities leading to the business doing more transactions at an increased ‘£ per case’.
- Example - Primary focus was in growing case value through creating a new ‘Client Journey’
- Resulted in more than a 100% increase in TTV in 2 ½ years
- Example – Developing and implementing face to face, telephone and digital advice channels
- Resulted in increase of average transaction size by 214% (figures available in interview)
- Resulted in increased client retention to 75%
- Monitoring and implementing change
- Successfully launched our new CRM software across the company in January 2016
- Successfully moved all operations to new premises in April 2016
- Successfully implemented a KPI led bonus scheme for all staff
- Successfully recruited and set up a new team of protection specialists July 2016
- Successfully rolling out new contracts of employment across the business
- Successfully devised and implemented new ‘Client Journey’ and ensured all teams within the business buy in to and follow the new sales process.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the business, including but not limited to; a strong mortgage sales team – administration team – protection team – HR – accounts, marketing and client experience
- Compliance oversight – KYC & AML
- Creating and implementing a marketing and social media strategy to complement overall business growth strategy and test and measure the results.
- Monitoring and driving business levels, by creating and analysing MI across business and implementing change accordingly
- Streamlining the business by monitoring each role and finding ways of increasing productivity whilst ensuring staff do not have increased workload.
- Full understanding of how all the systems used in the business work as well as highlighting technology and systems that may be of benefit to the business in the future and assess the impact/effectiveness they will have on business.
- Understanding regulatory implication of decisions and assisting directors with regulatory obligations
- Run regular team meetings, training sessions and one-on-ones.
- Monitor monthly cashflow, costs and budgets.
Apr 2013 - Jul 2015
Flight Centre UK & Ireland
Running a busy Flight Centre store in central London with an annual turnover of £2.2million. Managing and training a team of 6 to achieve the primary objectives of increasing turnover and profits YOY.
- Arranging exceptional travel experiences for clients
- Monitoring HR issues and facilities whilst liaising with Head Office
- Accountable for up to date business plan, P&L, up to date running budget and team vision
- Training the team in sales skills and product knowledge to maximise their potential
- Controlling sales and finance within the team
- Managing change in the team
- Adhering to financial and system best practice, training the team on all systems
- Drive new product ranges through the business
- People development within team through ‘Brightness of Future’, structured performance reviews and regular training
- Driving the business forward to maximise profits and turnover
- Building an excellent repeat client base by providing an exceptional customer experience
- Taking responsibility and looking after the client experience at every stage of their trip
Hospitality Management (BSc)
Oct 2006 - Jul 2010
University of Plymouth