We are currently seeking Chocolate Packaging & Dispatch Assistants to help with the packing and dispatch of our chocolates. Full and part time roles are available and should you wish to progress to a supervisor role there is opportunity to do this once you have completed your training successfully.
All the products at York Cocoa Works are made and packaged by hand so a keen eye for detail and ability to follow a packaging specification is key. This will suit anyone looking for flexible hours, particularly in the run up to Christmas.
Potential shift patterns: 7am – 3pm & 9.30am – 2pm. Some evening work may also be required during November & December.
Full training will be given, basic knowledge of food hygiene would be advantageous. Although this is to primarily help with increased demand over the Christmas period there will also be opportunities after Christmas to assist with delivery of Valentines Day, Mother’s Day & Easter.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Stamping, labelling and product sealing.
- Packing and weighing of products such as hot chocolate, chocolate bars, truffles, chocolate pieces into different packaging formats and weight configurations.
- Gift hamper wrapping which will require a good eye for presentation as well as putting the final touches of ribbon and gift tag.
- Postal dispatch including setting up postage, packing and labelling. l Completion of packing logs and packaging records.
We are looking for people who are passionate about chocolate, our journey and local independent business. You will be enthusiastic, hard working and a team player.
What you’ll get in return:
- Free drinks on shift
- Staff discount on any York Cocoa Works products
- Expert knowledge on the history of chocolate and the chocolate making process
- Regular chocolate tasting!
To apply send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are accepting applications on going for this role.