A finalist in the Taste of York Tourism Awards, Plush Café is an eclectic café and boutique store located on Stonegate. We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Waiting Staff to join our team and provide the highest level of customer service to customers.
The right candidate will strive to grasp every opportunity to up-sell, will ensure the customer has the best experience possible and will have fantastic product knowledge.
About Plush Café:
We are a family-owned, independent business. Plush has three themed rooms and aims to provide customers with an exciting experience rather than just a coffee and cake!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Taking table orders and running food
- Preparing alcoholic beverages
- Efficient communication with kitchen and barista teams
- Till operation and cash handling
- Providing great customer service
- Ensuring all displays, counters and seating areas are presented to the highest quality
- Quality checking of stock, ensuring that all stock is dated and rotated
- Working shifts as required
- Working to ensure the maintenance of all health and safety, hygiene, and cleaning procedures
- Participating in cleaning rota
- Assisting any of the team, if required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in a waiting / hospitality / front of house role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Used to working in a busy environment
- Ability to work well in a team and on your own initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change and take on different tasks as and when required
- Drive and ambition to succeed.
Preferred but not Essential:
- 1 year+ Hospitality experience
- Bar experience
- Food hygiene certificate.
- Optional pension plan with 3% pension contribution from us
- Get paid every 2 weeks
- 25% staff discount throughout the cafe & retail store
- 28 days paid holiday
- Lots of development opportunities, career progression & a chance to grow with an up & coming company
- New friends, not just coworkers. Plush Cafe is a fun, friendly & exciting place to work!
- Staff recognition & incentives.
With plans to expand, we are looking for employees who can grow & develop with us!
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an exciting and completely unique business in an ideal city-centre location.
Salary: Up to £9.00/hour dependent upon experience
Start Date: As soon as possible