A finalist in the Taste of York Tourism Awards, Plush Café is an eclectic café and boutique store located on Stonegate. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic chef to join our Kitchen Team. The right candidate will be creative, professional, consistent & work to a high standard.
About Plush Café:
We are a family-owned, independent business. Plush has three themed rooms and aims to provide customers with an exciting experience rather just a coffee and cake!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparing, cooking & assembling dishes, & ensuring they go out on time
- Assisting with the day to day running of the kitchen under the management of the Head Chef
- Employing food safety best practices
- Ensuring hygiene & cleanliness in the kitchen
- Being responsible for quality control & kitchen health & safety
- Efficient communication with waiting & barista team
- Providing great customer service when necessary
- Quality checking of stock, ensuring that all stock is dated & rotated
- Working shifts as required, including weekends
- Up to 40 hours/week but we could potentially take on x2 part time chefs working around 20 hours/week each
Qualifications and Skills:
- Friendly & hardworking
- Able to handle working in a busy environment
- Able to work well in a team & on own initiative
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change & take on different tasks as & when required.
Preferred but not Essential:
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role
- Baking skills
- Food hygiene certificate
- Optional pension plan with 3% pension contribution from us
- Get paid every 2 weeks
- Free meal on shift
- 25% staff discount throughout the cafe & retail store
- 28 days paid holiday
- Lots of development opportunities, career progression & a chance to grow with an up & coming company
- New friends, not just coworkers. Plush Cafe is a fun, friendly & exciting place to work!
- Staff recognition & incentives.
With plans to expand, we are looking for employees who can grow & develop with us!
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an exciting and completely unique business in an ideal city-centre location.
Salary: Up to £11/hr dependent upon experience
Start Date: As soon as possible