Chocolate Champions - York Cocoa Works
Casual working - mix of hours and days available
York Cocoa Works is a chocolate factory and visitor destination in York City Centre, celebrating the rich history of chocolate in York and continuing its legacy to bring chocolate innovation into the contemporary city. We pride ourselves on our chocolate events and workshops, making the world of chocolate accessible to everyone!
We are currently seeking Chocolate Champions to help us deliver chocolate experiences and products on and off site on a casual basis.
This will suit anyone looking for casual work on a semi regular basis to help us share our chocolately experiences and products at public and corporate events.
The types of work we have on offer:
- Chocolate Lollipop workshop support - working alongside our events team to deliver these workshops to large groups.
- Chocolate Tour & Tasting Guide - you will be trained in how to deliver our Manufactory Tasting Journey around our chocolate factory on Castlegate and how to conduct a chocolate tasting.
- Hot Chocolate Host - working alongside our sales team to host pop up hot chocolate shops off site.
- Chocolate Shop Assistant - working alongside our sales team to help retail our chocolate products at off site events such as the York Food & Drink Festival and Christmas Markets.
- Chocolate Packers - During our peak season at Christmas we always need a spare pair of hands to help package our chocolate gifts and hampers. Stamping, labelling, and gift wrapping is all done by hand so an eye for presentation is key!
We are looking for people who are passionate about chocolate, our journey and interacting with the public. You will be enthusiastic, articulate and be comfortable dealing with the general public.
What you’ll get in return:
- Free drinks on shift
- Staff discount on any York Cocoa Works products
- Expert knowledge on the history of chocolate and the chocolate making process
- Regular chocolate tasting
To apply send a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com