To manage and deliver professional and financially successful events at York Barbican.
- To be responsible for the administrative and practical preparation of events.
- Provide promoters and event organisers with venue information and advice, and manage clients through the event planning process to delivery.
- To liaise with all internal venue departments to ensure the smooth running of events, ensuring at all times that the high standards expected at the venue are maintained.
- To develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, suppliers, local partners and other stakeholders.
- To take an active role in developing the venue customer journey, including pre-event communications, on site processes and dealing with post event feedback.
- To act as Duty Manager as per rota. This will involve managing the front of house aspects of an event, liaising with the promoter/organiser and ensuring the smooth running of the event from start to finish.
- To act as Head of Department and attend associated engagements where required.
- To manage the development, progression and welfare of the Events Assistant.
- To work with the Security Manager to ensure the appropriate security and medical provision for events.
- To work with other departments to develop and refine the event forecast and associated budgets.
- To arrange/rota staff for events in an accurate, safe and cost effective way and in accordance with business requirements.
- To consider and manage public safety at all times, ensuring that all relevant legislation and licensing conditions are met at all times.
- To ensure the administration and recharging of venue resources is accurately maintained. This will require effective and timely consultation with other internal staff and external partners.
- To act as line manager for all casual events staff.
- To be a key holder for the venue and assist with enacting emergency procedures where required.
- Ensure at all times compliance with Health and Safety regulations and to pursue any training requirements needed for specialist areas.
- To assist with the planning of staff training sessions and emergency response exercising.
- To assist with the recruitment, development and training of casual staff members.
- To assist other departments in the sourcing of venue based activities and events.
- To support the venues sales and conferencing manager in the planning and execution of events as required.
- To deliver team briefings and debriefs where required.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the Operations & Security Manager or General Manager.
Knowledge and Qualifications :
- Event Management qualification (Desirable)
- Minimum of two years working in a similar role.
- Experience of working in an events operations based environment, ideally within a similar multi-purpose space with a mixed programme.
- Knowledge of the local and regional entertainment offers, venues and holistic industry backdrop.
- Able to work to strict deadlines with the ability to prioritise a range of tasks.
- Smart appearance and presentation.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- A team player and motivator.
- Strong inter-personal, negotiation and communication skills.
- An understanding of AutoCAD for both creating and reviewing event plans.
- To be able to deliver presentations where required.
- The ability to effectively manage own and others time.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- The ability to work flexibly whilst under pressure
- Experience in the management of statutory requirements.
- Experience of working with staff of all levels throughout a company.
- Proven IT experience including MS Office packages, particularly Excel.
- A high level of financial awareness and experience in managing budgets or forecasts.
- A high level of awareness of Health & Safety issues regarding venue and event management.
- Experience of planning, designing and operating multiple event types including live music, comedy, theatre, and conferencing.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where the Marketing Manager will be required to work at other venues operated by ASM Global.