This post is responsible for the effective management of the Food & Beverage delivery within the venue, ensuring service standards and control systems are in place of a high standard and adhered to at all times with a high priority on food safety and revenue generation.
- As food and beverage lead, contribute to the venues’ strategic plans and objectives and be a senior management team member.
- Assist with the development of, and deliver, the business plan by helping to optimise all food and beverage revenue streams and seek new ideas, innovations and ways of working to reduce cost and to adapt to a changing financial or operating environment.
- To plan and accommodate the food and beverage offer for events and ensure that all areas are set up for forthcoming events overseeing the F&B departments to ensure that all elements are in place.
- Provide inspired and effective direction and leadership for the food and beverage department.
- Ensure that the food and beverage SOPs are implemented and adhered to.
- Manage all administrative duties, including cash handling, stock taking and accurate stock management, including month-end reporting.
- Ensure effective management of concession bar areas, ensuring stock rotation, cleaning, and suitable levels/ranges of stock are in place.
- Manage the cost effective ordering of stock in-line with Purchase Order Policy and its delivery to ensure minimum wastage.
- Work with the Technical Team to ensure all maintenance and statutory obligations are achieved on equipment including overseeing the management and relationship of relevant vendors/sub-contractors.
- Ensuring all risk assessments are completed in line with company policy and health and safety obligations are met including staff training.
- Assist the DPS in upholding the licensing objectives and any specific licensing conditions.
- To act as Duty Manager as per rota.
- Manage constructive relationships, where relevant, with key stakeholders, contractors, clients, customers, and colleagues.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the General Manager.
Food Safety and Hygiene
- Responsible for implementing the Food Safety Policy and delegated procedures throughout the areas of responsibility by setting up, monitoring management control systems and ensuring that all staff members are trained and comply with their legal obligations to the standards set out in the food safety policy.
- Liaise with the Group Food Safety Manager regarding any matters referring to Food Safety Policy procedural matters, HACCP and Environmental Health Officer (EHO) and Trading Standards Officer (TSO) visits inspections.
- Ensuring line cleaning is performed on a regular basis.
- Implement and ensure compliance with food safety hygiene and allergen regulations (Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs. Food Safety Act 1990 and The Food Labelling (Declaration of Allergens) (England) Regulations 2008).
- Understand and comply with the company Food Safety Management System and HACCP procedures and ensure the team comply with these and ensuring that the appropriate food safety control measures are identified, implemented, managed, monitored and verified regularly.
- Ensure that all foods are kept safe within the company guidelines with the hazard analysis of critical control points (HACCP) and the Food Safety Policy.
- Discuss with the General Manager, European Food & Beverage Director and the Group Food Safety Manager any on any food safety matters and training needs required by any food handlers commensurate to their work activity.
- To oversee the recruitment and ongoing development of the food and beverage team.
- To develop, train, lead and supervise the food and beverage team at events and oversee all activities within the food and beverage department including;
- Payment method controls
- stock control
- food quality
- health and safety
- Conference & events.
- introduction and compliance with SOP
- Provide adequate and appropriate training to all food handlers in all areas of food safety, food hygiene and food allergens and ensure that comprehensive records of such training are kept.
- Oversee the scheduling and efficient use of salaried and casual staff, ensuring sufficient cover for events within budgetary parameters and work at other venues as required.
- With the General Manager and the Finance Department, set and monitor budgets, ensuring the department’s ongoing financial viability.
- To ensure the food and beverage operation achieves financial targets of revenue and profit.
- Provide analysis reports, including flash sales and wage costs.
- Management of EPOS and PDQs.
- Ensure staff payroll is managed effectively.
Knowledge and Qualifications :
- Experience of working in a senior role in a similar, high volume, customer-focused venue.
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering
- Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering
- Level 2 Award in HACCP for Catering
- Holder of a Personal Licence.
- Knowledge of the local and regional entertainment offers and venues.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting, stock and margin control.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Smart appearance and presentation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Hands-on approach and be part of the service delivery.
- Ability to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly under pressure prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Examples of self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative.
- Drive, determination and resilience.
- Experience in the management of statutory requirements.
- Have a thorough understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations and hold a Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering certificate.
- Experience in providing excellent customer care.
- Experience in financial and budget management
- Proven IT experience.
- Excellent cash-handling & stock controlling experience.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary, and therefore, some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where the Food and Beverage will be required to work at other venues operated by ASM Global.