To assist in the management and delivery of professional and financially successful events at York Barbican.
- To work with the Events Manager and ensure that events are managed effectively at the venue at all times.
- To assist in the administrative and practical preparation of events.
- Provide promoters and event organisers with venue information and advice, and work with clients through the event planning process to delivery.
- To be responsible for the smooth running of allocated events in the calendar.
- To collaborate with all internal venue departments to ensure the smooth running of events, ensuring high standards are met at all times.
- To assist in developing the venue customer journey, including pre-event communications, on site processes and dealing with post event feedback.
- To act as Duty Manager as per rota. This will involve managing the front of house aspects of an event, liaising with the promoter/organiser and ensuring the smooth running of the event from start to finish.
- To attend meetings and engagements where required by the Events Manager.
- To assist in the management and development of casual staff.
- To arrange/rota staff for events in an accurate, safe and cost effective way and in accordance with business requirements.
- To ensure the administration and recharging of venue resources is accurately maintained.
- To be a key holder for the venue and assist with enacting emergency procedures where required.
- To assist with the planning of staff training sessions and emergency response exercising.
- To assist with the recruitment, development and training of casual staff members.
- To assist other departments in the sourcing of venue based activities and events.
- To assist the venues sales and conferencing manager in the planning and execution of events as required.
- To deliver team briefings and debriefs where required.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the Events Manager, Operations & Security Manager or General Manager.
Knowledge and Qualifications :
- Some experience of working in an events operations based environment, ideally within a similar multi-purpose space with a mixed programme.
- Knowledge of the local and regional entertainment offers, venues and holistic industry backdrop.
- Able to work to strict deadlines with the ability to prioritise a range of tasks.
- Smart appearance and presentation.
- Detail oriented.
- A team player.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- The ability to effectively manage own time.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- The ability to work flexibly whilst under pressure.
- IT experience including MS Office packages.
- A good level financial awareness
- A good level of awareness of Health & Safety issues regarding venue and event management.
- Some experience of working or being involved in the production, organisation or delivery of live events.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where the Marketing Manager will be required to work at other venues operated by ASM Global.