This post is to support the Food & Beverage Manager in delivering the F&B offer at the venue, ensuring standards and control systems are in place of a high standard and adhered to at all times with a high priority on food safety and revenue generation.
- To assist the F&B Manager in achieving financial targets of revenue and profit.
- To assist programming POS, arranging floats, line cleaning, reports and cash reconciliation post event.
- Duty manage the F&B team on allocated event to oversee all activities including sales, cashing up, stock control, cleaning and management.
- To assist planning staffing levels for events in an accurate, safe and cost-efficient way and in accordance with business requirements.
- Placing orders in-line with Purchase Order Policy and arranging deliveries.
- Performing line cleaning duties for all bar areas in the venue.
- To deputise in the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager.
- To ensure compliance with all food hygiene legislation and that staff at all times comply with Health & Safety regulations; to pursue any training requirements needed for specialist areas.
- Ensure that the food and beverage Standard Operating Practices are implemented and adhered to.
- Assist in all administrative duties, including cash handling, stock taking and accurate stock management, including month-end reporting
- Ensure effective management of concession bar areas, ensuring stock rotation, reducing wastage, cleaning, and suitable levels/ranges of stock are in place.
- To act as Duty Manager as per rota.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Food & Beverage Manager.
Food Safety and Hygiene
- Understand and comply with the company Food Safety Management System and HACCP procedures and ensure the team comply with these and ensuring that the appropriate food safety control measures are identified, implemented, managed, monitored and verified regularly.
- Ensure that all foods are kept safe within the company guidelines with the hazard analysis of critical control points (HACCP) and the Food Safety Policy.
- To assist the Food & Beverage Manager with the recruitment and ongoing development of the food and beverage team.
Knowledge and Qualifications :
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering (desirable or willing to work towards)
- Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering (desirable or willing to work towards)
- Level 2 Award in HACCP for Catering (desirable or willing to work towards)
- Holder of a Personal Licence (desirable or willing to work towards)
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Smart appearance and presentation.
- Hands-on approach and be part of the service delivery.
- Ability to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly under pressure prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Experience of working in a role in a similar, high volume, customer-focused venue.
- Experience in providing excellent customer care.
- Proven IT experience.
- Cash-handling & stock controlling experience.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary, and therefore, some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where the Food and Beverage Assistant will be required to work at other venues operated by ASM Global.