Set in the old Terry's/Carluccio's Building on St Helens Square, we are looking to expand the current team with a talented Pastry Chef to help usher our offering into York’s food scene.
The site will be operating with a fresh new face and be serving high-quality cocktails alongside equally well-made food. From the classier small plate dining to the moreish range of brunch options and even to our twisted take on the classic afternoon tea, everything will be made fresh and with flair.
For these roles, the requirements will be:
- To ensure the highest standards of product knowledge and execution are followed in the pastry team.
- Be fully conversant on and aligned with our menu, cooking techniques, supplier information, and ethos.
- Work in collaboration with the Head Chef to create a culture of nurturing, monitoring & celebrating success through creative idea sharing and excellent communication.
- Have the ability to maintain and follow the recipes, standards, and guidelines.
- Have good health & safety awareness.
- Flair & Imagination.
- Be part of a team in a positive and engaging environment and participate in a a culture which encourages the highest standards of professional behavior in the team.
- Natural team player with effective communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and progress within the industry.
- Food Safety level 2 preferred.
- Safety in regards to COVID practices in the Kitchen.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
What's in it for you:
- Up to 28 days holiday.
- Competitive rate of pay.
- Pension scheme.
- Excellent discounts across the Tokyo Industries sites.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- The opportunity to learn in a stylish new environment.