Context of role
Make It York is the Destination Management Organisation for the city and its environs and has a mission to grow the city’s economic prosperity and wider well-being. Included in its remit are the following corporate priorities: network-building and inward investment; city positioning and profile-raising; marketing the city and its surroundings both nationally and internationally, as an attractive and vibrant place to live, visit, study, work and do business; and to drive forward York’s Cultural Strategy.
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop Shambles Market – a seven-day-a-week, year round business, as a resource for residents and visitors alike.
- Develop relationships with traders and coordinate the Traders Forum to cultivate positive, collegiate interaction.
- Proactively mediate between partners on a range of matters.
- Operate the Market Charter on behalf of the city.
- Lead the team to deliver and develop an efficient, attractive and thriving market, ensuring it maximises its economic potential in line with objectives for the city.
- Develop and deliver policy, plans, procedures and practices to enhance the economic vitality and viability of the Shambles Market.
- Work closely with Make It York’s H&S adviser, by owning all aspects of Health and Safety, risk assessments and risk management obligations for the market.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with a wide range of statutory bodies, traders and trader groups, stakeholders, all emergency services, city centre businesses, street entertainers, residents, visitors and the media (via MIY Communications team).
- Develop key relationships across all council directorates who have an input into Market issues, such as the Licensing Unit and Highways Department.
- Display political awareness and sensitivity in dealing with a range of partners and stakeholders.
- Responsibility for input into development of the annual budget. Management of the significant income and expenditure for the market. Ensure all financial processes are tightly controlled.
- Work with MIY colleagues to ensure effective marketing and promotion of the market.
This can be a challenging environment dealing with often conflicting demands and reconciling differing perspectives.
Requires the ability to make judgements and to implement resolution, often on the spot.
Work is subject to interruptions and there is a need to frequently re-prioritise as changes occur. Generation of quick responses to traders, businesses, residents and visitors is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience in markets, city centre or retail management is very desirable.
- Professional qualification in Health and Safety ie IOSH would be advantageous.
- Experience of managing a team, strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, capable of engaging with the interests of a varied audience on a wide range of issues.
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with a range of contentious and often conflicting issues, with the ability to make balanced, reasoned judgements, recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to develop and drive projects to conclusion, such as implementation of new controls and processes.
- Experience of inputting to the development of and management of budgets.
- Knowledge of the licencing process would be useful.
- Commitment to the delivery of high quality services with a knowledge of best market practice.
HOURS OF WORK
37.5 hours per week.
An ability to work at weekends and out of office hours as required.
CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: noon Weds 17 March
Interviews will be held via Zoom: Weds 24 March