The Parisi is a unique 11 bedroom boutique hotel, centrally located in the beautiful ancient northern city of York. Winner of TripAdvisor’s Traveller’s Choice Awards in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 - the hotel is within the top 1% of hotels and was rated the 3rd in the UK for best service (and 16th in Europe!) in 2018. We are often chosen by couples or friends wanting to celebrate a special occasion in a relaxed way or wanting a central, civilised and convenient base from which to explore the beautiful city of York.
We are a small close-knit team, all flexible and dedicated to achieving the highest standards of experience for our guests. Everyone working here is multi-talented and not afraid to roll their sleeves up. Many of our staff have developed skills while working here that they did not imagine they ever would!
This role will involve taking responsibility for the smooth running of the hotel overnight and setting everything up for a successful day the next day. It will primarily be lone working so the candidate must have the self-discipline required to manage their time.
Tasks will vary from day to day but the role will include:
- Meeting and greeting guests as they arrive, checking them in and out with a smile and assisting them with any requests they may have during their stay
- Answering telephone calls and emails to encourage bookings
- Taking bookings in a professional manner, accurately recording all necessary information
- Computer-based administrative tasks and projects
- Providing concierge services, e.g. making restaurant and taxi bookings on behalf of guests, providing recommendations
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of local attractions in order to make personalised recommendations
- Supervising public areas at all times and preparing drinks and simple snacks for guests as required
- Keeping public, back of house and external areas clean and tidy
- Simple food preparation tasks
- Assisting other departments as needed to ensure the smooth running of the hotel
-Making sure safe and healthy working practices are followed.
Salary and hours
This will be a permanent role, working from 9pm-7am, 4 nights on, 4 nights off (an average of 35.1 hours per week) on a rotating basis. Holidays will be fixed to suit business needs. The salary is £18,000 per annum.
Please note that there is no accommodation or parking available with this role so travel to and from work at these times must be considered before applying.
Previous experience in a high quality customer service environment would be an advantage, but is not essential as full training will be provided.
Ability to self-direct when working alone, responsibility, reliability and integrity are of paramount importance.
The ability and enthusiasm to provide a genuinely friendly and helpful service to all, alongside an organised, proactive, energetic and determined approach is important.
You will need to thrive on attending to details and being helpful not only to guests but your colleagues.
Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook would be an advantage.
We are looking for someone who shares our values of: