JOB DESCRIPTION: Digital Marketing Executive (Social Media)
Context of role
Make It York is York’s Destination Management Organisation and has a mission to grow the city’s economic prosperity and wider well-being. Included in its remit are the following corporate priorities: network-building and inward investment; city positioning and profile-raising; marketing the city and its surroundings - nationally and internationally - as an attractive and vibrant place to live, visit, study, work and do business; and driving forward York’s Cultural Strategy.
Visit York is a part of Make It York and is the leisure tourism brand. Under the brand Visit York, Make It York’s aim is to market the city and its surrounds as a must-see world-class destination to the leisure visitor and ensure investment to develop the quality of tourism in York.
Job title: Digital Marketing Executive
Reporting to: Digital Marketing Manager
Location: 1 Museum Street
Key working relationships: Digital Marketing Team, Membership team, Visit York Members, Tourism businesses, wider Marketing team and external technology provider
Main purpose of the role
To contribute to the overall marketing strategy of promoting York as a leading European destination through digital marketing channels.
Focusing on maintaining and developing the Visit York website through innovative SEO and content strategies and acting as the lead on the delivery of the Social Media activity of Visit York and other Make It York channels, as appropriate.
The Digital Marketing Executive will lead on the administration of the digital function making sure that new tourism products are added to the website in an efficient manner.
- Development of Social Media Strategy- Working with the Digital Marketing Manager, take the lead on the development and implementation of the Social Media strategy with a clear ROI for all areas of the business. This includes (but not limited to)
- managing the creation and distribution of content on leisure consumer feeds
- providing a strategic direction to other departments on maintaining industry, business tourism and media facing streams, as appropriate
- Leading on the live-streaming of Make It York events, both B2C & B2B across Social Media
- Digital maintenance and development – Responsible for the continued maintenance, development and any future redesigns of www.visityork.org as a leading UK tourism site as well as other websites developed under the ‘Make It York’ umbrella
- Content Management- deliver the content management for consumer pages of visityork.org; optimising York brand messages across content to enhance our presence, bringing the customer proposition to life through digital channels. This includes:
- Implementation and tracking of innovative digital marketing campaigns to support the overall marketing strategy
- SEO campaigns that deliver continually high quality traffic to the site(s)
- Liaison with Digital suppliers and agencies
- Develop and enhance eCommerce avenues – look for opportunities across all digital channels, including, but not limited to, display advertising on visityork.org, boosted Social Media promotion, Feature pages, advertorial, York Pass etc..
- Understanding of web development and digital marketing budget – working with the Digital Marketing Manager have an understanding of the digital marketing budget and its spend
- Monitor trends and provide regular reports –provide monthly reports for both internal and external audiences via Google Analytics and any other relevant channel (Mail Chimp, New Mind etc…)
- Consumer database administration –Oversee management of Visit York consumer database including development of CRM facility.
- Industry liaison - Support the marketing manager and represent Visit York at relevant industry meetings
- Future proofing - Ensure Visit York makes full and continued use of all web development, other digital channels and new technologies in the on-going development of the site and the Visit York online presence
Skills and Experience
- A passionate marketer, keen to communicate with audiences using digital channels – CIM qualification, Marketing degree or relevant apprenticeship (lvl 4) preferable
- At least 1 years’ experience in a digital marketing role
- An enthusiastic writer who is able to adapt copy for digital channels without losing its meaning or impact
- Experience in managing a holistic digital presence within an organization, preferably a commercial entity, including:
- Social Media
- CMS knowledge (Wordpress, Mailchimp, New Mind/NVG etc…)
- Content creation
- CRM management
- Graphic design
- Video editing desirable
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, both interpreting and setting up on websites
- Strong reporting skills
- Ability to liaise confidently with multiple members of staff, suppliers and venues.
Hours of work
Full time – 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Some work outside core hours may be required.
Email to: Marketingrecruit@makeityork.com
Close date: 17.00 Thursday 26 September
Interviews will be held: Friday 4 October
Previous applicants need not apply