An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award-winning independent business in the centre of York! Are you creative, energetic, enthusiastic and passionate about food? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who can…
• Develop the current product range and have a vision to experiment with products and recipes in order to curate a unique and high-quality deli section.
• Support and work with the Senior Management team and Front of House team in service, presentation, style and delivery of all products to the service areas.
• Keep up to date with new trends, and research and develop potential food offerings.
• Train new team members.
• Liaise with suppliers and sales representatives negotiating the best possible prices & terms.
• A desire to develop an innovative food offering that is unique.
• Oversee the deli/bar display to maximize attractiveness.
What experience you need:
• Experience of cooking and baking ideally in a commercial environment, preparing and serving food along with being able to use general catering equipment safely and correctly.
• Able to demonstrate an overall understanding of how to cost recipes.
• Competent understanding of all regulations, food hygiene and company specifications.
• You will have a positive can-do attitude, be self-motivated with huge attention to detail.
• Excellent record keeping and communication abilities.
• Cooking qualification desirable but not essential.
This role is extremely diverse – from developing and implementing best practices to maximising opportunities, reducing costs and most importantly, ensuring the business delivers beyond customer expectations. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual!
This is ideally a full-time role, although part-time hours would be considered for the right candidate. A flexible rota and holidays with some weekends and evenings. We are offering a highly competitive salary, plus weekly tips.
Please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org