We are currently recruiting a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to join a knowledgeable team at a large organisations’ site in based in York.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Advisors role involves developing and implementing organisation safety programs, reviewing and updating HSE policies and conducting risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures.
Working closely alongside the Quality & Compliance Engineer but reporting to the Head of Operations, the main purpose of the role is:
• To review and update the site health, safety, environmental documentation
• Assist with the identification and implementation of control plans from hazards which exist at the site
• Keep up to date with current legislations
• Drive Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives, promoting a proactive risk reduction approach
• Carry out risk assessment to evaluate all current and new business risks and reduce existing ones
• Working within the Health & Safety and Environmental Management Systems (ISO45001, 18001 standards)
• To work within current HSE legislation, published standards, codes and the company’s HSE policies, procedures and rules
• Be an active team member and be able to work within a larger team structure
• Auditing processes and procedures, writing audit reports and managing non-conformances and corrective actions
The Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor will also include HSE checks on contractors working on site, checking compliance with legal and other requirements, recording and investigating accidents / incidents / near misses whilst putting corrective actions in place to reduce the chance of recurrence.
The successful applicant for this role may be a graduate with a relevant degree or an individual seeking a first or second role within a Health and Safety environment. You will be team orientated, have excellent communication skills and ‘presence’ to be able to tackle issues face to face and with confidence.
Depending upon experience, you can expect to receive professional training and mentoring throughout your career with this organisation as well as the opportunity to get all your H&S Qualifications including NEBOSH / COSHH etc.
Salary £20-35K (dep. on exp.) 24 days holiday, excellent pension scheme, Mon-Thursday 8.15-5pm (12.30 finish on a Friday!)