PROJECT: CULTURAL STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT CO-ORDINATOR CONSULTANT
This role is to support a 6 month project to start building the actions and framework for the successful delivery of York’s cultural strategy 2019-2025. The strategy has been written but there now needs to be some momentum built up until it is fully adopted and supported by City of York Council (CYC), which is expected in the summer of 2019.
- To establish an open and comprehensive Arts and Heritage Forum for York, as a constituted body, to replace the Cultural Leaders Group (CLG) and to serve as the guardians of the strategy moving forward
- To begin fundraising to ensure the strategy is sustainable and deliverable
- To start delivering on the 7 ideas that form the basis of the strategy
- To implement the launch of the Strategy itself including deciding on format (e.g. including publication, film)
- To research options for how the Arts and Heritage Forum could be created, seek a consensus from the CLG, CYC and Make It York (MIY), and then implement the agreed plan
- To create a detailed action plan for how the school ‘cultural passport’ idea can be progressed, working with the Cultural Education Partnership and IVE (Yorkshire bridge organisation for Arts Council) building the coalition that will need to deliver on it e.g. schools
- To work with both universities and colleges to ensure they are fully engaged with the cultural strategy and that their role is clear
- To create a new network for artists, musicians, designers, makers and practitioners in the city
- To ensure that the development of the cultural strategy is intertwined with and complementary to the new creative industries strategy, exploring joint projects e.g. work and studio space
- To pull together a database of volunteers across the city, creating a baseline for the volunteering ambitions set out in the strategy
- To get involved with the CYC branding project, ensuring that the objectives and ideas of the cultural strategy are fully integrated and taken into account
- To begin work on creating a city-wide marketing and communications strategy for culture in the city
Responsible to: the CLG
Key relationships: CYC, Arts Council Europe,
Line manager: MIY Creative and Cultural Development Manager
The fee for this project will be £1,700 per month and the successful candidate will be assumed to be self-employed. The project period initially will be February 2019 to July 2019 i.e. £10,200 in total. This is on the basis of a time commitment of 2 and a half days/18.75 hours per week. It is envisaged that there could be a 3 to 6 month extension to the project, subject to a review in July and the status of CYC decision-making.
Please email your cv with a covering letter highlighting your experience and skills and how they will contribute to a successful programme of work and how you would approach the project to email@example.com quoting the reference ‘Cultural’.
Deadline: 09.00 on Monday 28th January
Interviews: Thursday 7th February
For any questions or for an informal chat about the role and project objectives please email Susanna.Cooper@makeityork.com or call 07958046211.