PROJECT: CREATIVE INDUSTRIES STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANCY
This is a 6 month consultancy project to start building the actions and framework for the successful delivery of York’s creative industries strategy 2019-2024. The strategy has been written but there now needs to be input to ensure it is fully adopted and supported by City of York Council (CYC), in early 2019.
- To set the wheels in motion in implementing the initial action points derived from the four main pillars of the creative industries strategy (talent pipeline, visibility, business development and increasing workspace) and to serve as the guardians of the strategy moving forward
- To begin fund-raising to ensure the strategy is sustainable and deliverable
- To coordinate 4 task groups to ensure the remaining deliverables are scheduled to be implemented over the five years as set out in the strategy.
- To meet with and set out a future plan for the 4 task groups who have self-selected to contribute to the delivery of the action points. To invite and select others who could further contribute to the groups as and when appropriate. To coordinate regular meetings with them.
- To set out a range of metrics in order to determine progress over the next 5 years, including a) value to the York economy, b) change in number and types of creative businesses in the city over the period, c) increase in profile and level of visibility in the sector.
- To work with both universities and colleges to ensure they are fully engaged with the creative industries strategy and that their role in supporting talent pipeline for the industries is clear.
- To build on the existing creative industries network for creative practitioners (including but not limited to AR and VR developers, designers, games developers, film makers, etc.) in the city.
- To ensure that the development of the creative industries strategy is intertwined with the new cultural strategy by exploring joint projects (e.g. work and studio space).
- To organise a series of events and activities to encourage business development in the creative industries.
- To get involved with the CYC branding project, ensuring that the objectives and ideas of the creative industries strategy are fully integrated and taken into account.
- To support the creation of a creative industries specific PR and communications strategy to raise the visibility and profile of the creative businesses in the city. Work with an assigned film-maker to produce content which will feed into these communications.
Responsible to: Creative and Cultural Development Manager
Key relationships: The University of York and York St John University, the creative business community and CYC.
This is a consultancy project and the successful candidate will be assumed to be self-employed. The fee for the project will be £1,700 per month and the project period will be April 2019 to September 2019 i.e. £10,200 in total. This is on the basis of a time commitment of 2 and a half days/18.75 hours a week. It is envisaged that there could be a 3 to 6 month extension to the project, subject to a review in August 2019.
Please email your cv with a covering letter highlighting how your experiences and skills will contribute to a successful programme of work and how you would approach the project to email@example.com quoting reference ‘Creative’.
Deadline: 09.00 on Monday 28 January
Interviews: Thursday 31 January
For any questions or for an informal chat about the role and project objectives please email Susanna.Cooper@makeityork.com or call 07958046211.