We are excited to offer a full time position as an Assistant Manager in our new business with potential to progress within the company.
We are an Italian restaurant/wine bar focusing on simple, traditional Italian food. We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person with the drive to develop a knowledge of Italian wine and cuisine.
The Assistant Manager will work under the General Manager to oversee a small front of house team as well as liaising with the kitchen team to create a smooth and productive working environment. Good communication is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Assistant Manager the candidate will be well versed in all aspects of service, this will include:
• Taking orders and serving
• Preparing drinks (coffee and cocktails)
• Offering recommendations from an extensive list of Italian wines
On top of this they will be required to assist in the day to day management of the establishment:
• Cashing up
• Ensuring hygiene standards
• Stock Rotation
• Staff Rotas
Qualifications and Skills
• Ability to communicate professionally with supervisors is essential.
• A multi-tasker who is organised, efficient and productive as well as being accurate and having great attention to detail.
• Relevant Food and Safety qualification
• Basic Barista and Cocktail training
• Basic IT knowledge for use of Epos systems
• Ability to work well under pressure in a busy, high stress environment.
• A positive individual with good energy
• Ability to take initiative
• Confident and professional in dealing with suppliers and customers
At L'uva we aim to treat staff and managment equal and offer benefits such as:
Salary will depend on experience and knowledge.